Why We Love Poker
Now there's an interesting question... ever popular at land based casinos and online, the game of poker in all its forms has a certain appeal which can be hard to quantify. If you've ever wondered what the answer might be, here are just a few reasons why we love to play poker...
- The money. The chance to win big and change our lives forever has of course got amazing appeal to a lot of people! If you typically play online bingo for the same reasons then the thrill of poker might well be for you.
- Our prowess. Poker is not just a game of chance, card playing skill is involved and the opportunity to demonstrate just how good we are is not to be missed.
- Our egos. Brilliant world-class poker players get a lot of attention and are treated royally at major casinos. Picture yourself upgraded to a fancy suite and being offered complimentary meals and limo rides: not a bad life!
- The glamour. James Bond has got a lot to answer for: we love the thought of dressing up and playing in a beautiful casino setting rather than just slobbing out on the sofa at home.
- Obsessive natures. If you've got the poker bug and it genuinely isn't all about the money then you probably enjoy the chance to continually improve and obsess on ways to play and ways to win. Just take a healthy breather every now and then!
- Bored and loaded. Perhaps a dangerous combination and not as common as you'd think: these guys have no worries about losing money and perhaps don't take the game too seriously – they do love their champagne though!
- Its fun. Pure and simple, poker is fantastic entertainment and a great way to relax with friends. Most players probably fall into this category, and that's just how it should be.